3:45 p.m. HCUA
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before July 29, 2008, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. 4:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION REQUESTS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss various personnel issues.
6:00 p.m. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of September 02, 2008.
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated September 16, 2008.
- RESOLUTION - Daniel Hurley appointed unclassified, full time Chief of County Detectives, Prosecutor’s Office. (replacement)
- RESOLUTION - Laura Verdi appointed permanent, full time Family Service Worker, Division of Social Services, Human Services Department. (replacement)
- RESOLUTION - Elizabeth Rzasa, Senior Account Clerk, Division of Social Services, Human Services Department, adjusting hours to part time.
- RESOLUTION - Joan Tigar, Senior Account Clerk, transfer to Building and Maintenance. (replacement)
- RESOLUTION - Josephine Malloy, Senior Account Clerk, Division of Social Services, Human Services Department, leave of absence. (without pay)
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Hunterdon County Municipal Alliance Plan, for 2009-2011 and recommending its transmittal to the Governor’s Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to the provider service agreement with All Quality Care, Inc., to include 2008, in the amount of $38,000.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of the Executive Session Minutes for July 15, 2008 and August 05, 2008.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Application for Payment #1, for Bid #2008-07, for the Addition to the Everittstown Garage, with J. Tufaro & Sons Electrical Contractors, Inc., in the amount of $845.74.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the conveyance of an easement over a portion of Block 21, Lot 5, in Flemington Borough to Donald Vincent, for the amount of $5,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with the CWA for January 1, 2006 through December 31, 2008.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring October 2008 as National Disability Employment Awareness Month, in the County.
VI. FINANCE, Kim Browne, Finance Director and Margaret Pasqua, County Treasurer
- RESOLUTON - Acknowledging compliance with the New Jersey Division of Local Government Services, in connection with the 2007 Audit.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2008 Budget for the Comprehensive Cancer Control Plan, in the amount of $31,002.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2008 Budget for the Subregional Transportation Planning Program, in the amount of $51,904.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2008 Budget for the Solid Waste Services Tax, in the amount of $110,408.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the cancellation of improvement authorization balances.
VII. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- Approving a policy amendment for requests for Trips, Meetings, Training and Conferences.
- Discussion of Detention Services.
- Discussion on Transportation LINK Services/Fees.
- Discussion of a Request for Proposals for an Animal Control Officer Study.
VIII. FARMLAND PRESERVATION
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Contract for Sale of Development Easement from West Amwell Township (Gulick Home Farm I), on Block 14, Lot 33.02, (SADC - $329,353.20, Township - $109,784.40, County - $109,784.40), total amount of $548,922.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Contract for Sale of Development Easement from West Amwell Township (Gulick Home Farm II), on Block 13, Lot 34, (SADC - $306,096, Township - $102,032, County - $102,032), total amount of $510,160.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Deed of Easement and Grant Agreement with Henry C. Verity and A. Shirley Verity, on Block 4, Lot 2, in Kingwood Township and Block 39, Lot 11 and Block 41, Lot 18, in Franklin Township, consisting of 92.104 acres, (SADC - $596,833.92, County - $169,102.94, Kingwood - $100,917.47 and Franklin - $127,868.87), total amount of $994,723.20.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of an Option Agreement with Richard W. Cain, on Block 25, Lot 28.01, in Holland Township.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing final approval to provide a cost share for the purchase of a development easement on Serenity Hills farm, consisting of 307 acres, Block 3, Lots 4, 4.02 and 34, Block 4, Lots 4.02, 4.03, 4.04, 4.05, 4.06, 4.07, 4.08, 4.09, 4.10, 4.11, 4.12, 4.13, 4.14, 4.16 and Barclay Road, in Tewksbury Township.
IX. PLANNING BOARD, Sue Dziamara, Planning Board Director
- Update of the Farmland Preservation Program and Planning Board activities.
X. ROADS, BRIDGES and ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Certificate of Approval for the County’s Community Forestry Management Plan.
XI. COUNTY PROJECTS, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update of various County projects and facilities.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing that the award of Bid #2008-25, to furnish and deliver a 2009 Case 580 Super M 4-Wheel Drive Backhoe and associated equipment, to Powerco, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $86,125.
- RESOLUTION -Authorizing that the award Bid #2008-026, to furnish and deliver One (1) 2009 Sterling Bullet 5500, 4 Wheel Drive, Dual Rear Wheel Cab Chassis and/or Two (2) Sterling Bullet 5500, 4 Wheel Drive, Dual Rear Wheel Cab Chassis with Aristocrat model CS125, 3-4 Cubic Yard Heavy Duty Municipal Bodies and Associated Equipment or approved equal, to Robert H. Hoover & Sons, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $164,254.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Bid #2008-27, for Fine Paper and Envelopes, to Paper Mart, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $67,743.85.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing that the award of Bid #2008-31, for a Hunting License Agreement for Block 6, Lots 44, 49 and 49.02, in Holland Township, to Farmers Sportsman’s Club, Inc., amount to be received shall be $8,327.87.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the renewal of a Health Services Grant application, to provide indigent clients substance abuse treatment; Outpatient Services, Intensive Outpatient Services, Short Term Residential, Halfway House Services, Detoxification Services and Prevention Services, in the amount of $255,009, (state funding - $226,485, County Match - $28,524).
XIV. OLD BUSINESS
- To discuss the Cooperative Open Space Acquisition Policy.
- Continued discussion regarding Tewksbury Library Association request concerning the County Library Commission’s policy on reserve funds.
- Joint Purchase Agreement with Lebanon Township re: Pelio property.
- SAFE in Hunterdon, requesting permission to use the historic Court House steps on Thursday, October 16, 2008, from 6:00 pm. until 7:00 p.m., for the annual Candlelight Vigil. Requesting permission to hang the Clothesline Project at the Justice Center and at the historic Court House and along Main Street. Also requesting permission to use a podium, light and microphones system, as approved in past years.
- New Jersey Multi-Sport, requesting permission to use a portion of County Routes 620 and 629, for their 5K bike race on October 04, 2008
XVI. FREEHOLDERS ASSIGNMENT REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)