2:30 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority
l. CONVENE : "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before September 30, 2008, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. 3:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION REQUESTS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss various personnel issues.
5:30 p.m. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of September 16, 2008.
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated October 07, 2008.
- Motion to approve the Social Services Funds Report for August 2008.
- RESOLUTION - Daniel Johnson appointed permanent, full time Senior Technician MIS, Information Technology Department. (passed Civil Service Test).
- RESOLUTION - Safiyah Blalock appointed permanent, full time Senior Youth Worker, Youth Facility Division, Public Safety Department. (passed Civil Service Test).
- RESOLUTION - Leonard Gilbert appointed permanent, full time Laborer, Parks and Recreation Department. (replacement/ discussed August 19, 2008).
- RESOLUTION - Bryan Manning appointed provisional, full time Equipment Operator, Parks and Recreation. (replacement/discussed August 19, 2008).
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of a portion of property in fee simple, from Block 42, Lot 13, from Janet C. Apgar, in connection with Intersection Improvements of County Routes 523 and 517, in Tewksbury Township, in the amount of $9,700.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement for professional legal service in connection with the County 911 Communications Center, with Norris, McLaughlin & Marcus, P.A., in an amount not to exceed $35,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement for professional auditing services for the 2008 County, Library and Prosecutor’s Audits, with Ferraioli, Wielkotz, Cerullo & Cuva, P.A., in an amount not to exceed $64,300.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a County Emergency Response Team Volunteer Agreement with Kyle Beasley.
- RESOLUTION - Opposing changes to the cost share arrangement between the state and the counties for the maintenance of patients in state psychiatric facilities.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Federal Aid Agreement with the New Jersey Department of Transportation for the resurfacing of County Route 523, in Tewksbury.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Open Space Acquisition Policy.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Michael Babinski for having attained the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring October as Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing October as County Employees Appreciation Month.
VI. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
- Status of the County’s Housing Program and the 2007 Small Cities Community Development Block Grant.
VII. OPEN SPACE, Kevin Richardson, Coordinator
- RESOLUTION - Approving, at the recommendation of the Open Space Advisory Committee, four (4) municipal grant program applications with West Amwell ($27,649.54), Bethlehem ($48,250), Tewksbury ($58,259) and Flemington ($26,107); as well as a nonprofit grant application for the New Jersey Audubon Society ($100,000).
VIII. PROJECT UPDATE, Frank Joseph Bell, AIA,
- Update of various County facilities and projects.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing that the award of Bid #2008-25, to furnish and deliver a 2009 Case 580 Super M 4-Wheel Drive Backhoe and associated equipment, to Powerco, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $86,125.
- RESOLUTION -Authorizing that the award Bid #2008-026, to furnish and deliver One (1) 2009 Sterling Bullet 5500, 4 Wheel Drive, Dual Rear Wheel Cab Chassis and/or Two (2) Sterling Bullet 5500, 4 Wheel Drive, Dual Rear Wheel Cab Chassis with Aristocrat model CS125, 3-4 Cubic Yard Heavy Duty Municipal Bodies and Associated Equipment or approved equal, to Robert H. Hoover & Sons, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $164,254.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #29904, using State Contract #A-65735, with Stempler Drapery & Carpet, for the installation of carpet at the A-Frame, for Buildings and Maintenance, in the amount of $11,471.80.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40019404, using County Quote #0090-2008, with 3M Traffic Control Materials, for pavement markings, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $18,081.28.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40019408, using County Quote #0091-2008, with Ohio Bridge Corporation, for bridge flooring, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $19,797.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Bid #2008-36, to provide and erect one (1) new 200’ high tower and one (1) 120’ Monopole or equivalent, to JBL Electric Inc., in an amount not to exceed $355,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a 2008 Homeland Security Grant application, for the Division of Emergency Services, Public Safety Department, for equipment, in the amount of $587,065.40, in federal funds.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application with the New Jersey Community Affairs Department, to process requests for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), in the amount of $1,110.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application for the Comprehensive County Youth Services Grant, with the Juvenile Justice Commission for 2009 funding, in the amount of $294,427 consisting of “State/Community Partnership” funding in the amount of $191,117, “Family Court” funding in the amount of $97,157 and “Juvenile Accountability Block Grant” in the amount of $5,538.
- Milford Merchants Association, requesting permission to close a portion of Route 519, on Sunday, October 26, 2008, at 1:00 p.m., for their annual Milford Halloween Parade.
- Robert Hauck, Flemington Borough Mayor, requesting the Board waive the fees for the use of the historic court house.
XII. FREEHOLDERS ASSIGNMENT REPORTS
XIII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XIV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)