l. 3:00 p.m.CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before August 13, 2008, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. EXECUTIVE SESSION REQUESTS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss various personnel issues.
IV. 6:00 p.m. PUBLIC HEARING
- ADOPTION - County Ordinance No. 2008-01, Establishing Service Fees to be charged by the County of Hunterdon for services performed by the Department of Health in accordance with the County Environmental Health Act.
V. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated August 19, 2008.
- RESOLUTION - Harry Fuerstenberger appointed permanent, part time Administrative Analyst, Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Scott Howarth appointed permanent, full time Senior County Park Ranger, Parks and Recreation. (completed training period).
- RESOLUTION - Daniel Schulze appointed permanent, full time Public Safety Telecommunicator, Communications Division, Public Safety Department. (completed training period).
- RESOLUTION - Thomas Dodd appointed provisional, full time County Correction Officer, Corrections Division, Public Safety Department. (replacement).
- RESOLUTION - Philip Kablis appointed provisional, full time County Correction Officer, Corrections Division, Public Safety Department. (replacement).
- RESOLUTION - James Palmer appointed provisional, hourly Public Safety Telecommunicator, Communications Division, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Therese DeGenova appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Sara Krisanits appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Daniel Zmuda, Mechanic’s Helper, Roads and Bridges, salary adjustment. (received CDL).
- RESOLUTION - Tomasina Corley, Public Safety Telecommunicator, Communications Division, Public Safety, adjustment to part time.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement with Gaetano M. DeSapio to serve as County Counsel.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement with Archer and Greiner to serve as legal counsel to the Division of Social Services, Human Services Department, in an amount not to exceed $75,000.
- RESOLUTION - Opposing a decision to impose a charge to rural municipalities for costs for the New Jersey State Police.
VI. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- Update of the Fleet Management Initiatives.
- Update of policies for Trips/Meetings/Conferences.
- Update of fees for the Historic Court House.
- To discuss Professional Service Agreements.
VII. BUILDINGS and MAINTENANCE, Pete Maddalena, Director
- To discuss the furniture and equipment received from Business Education Alliance.
VIII. ROADS, BRIDGES and ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- To discuss a request from Tewksbury Township regarding the Route 512/Big Spring Road Intersection.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #23966, using State Contract #A-81236, with Unisys, for a maintenance agreement for the Emergency Services Division, of the Public Safety Department, in the amount of $13,430.52.
- RESOLUTION -Approving Requisition #40019056, through State Contract #A-70290, using County Quote #0077-2008, with Modern Equipment, for snow plow parts, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $39,474.16.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #ElectionBoard.00030, pursuant to NJSA 40A:11-5DD, with Sequoia Voting Systems, for a software license, for the Board of Elections, in the amount of $22,500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #IT.2970, through County Quote #0073-2008, with CDW, for Ian hardware, for Information Technology, in the amount of $14,368.60.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2008-16, for Maintenance and Repair Materials, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, to Hanson Aggregates, BMC, in an amount not to exceed $67,725.25.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2008-21, for the Painting of Various Bridges, in various municipalities, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, to Aussie Painting Corporation, in an amount not to exceed $96,984.
X. PROJECT UPDATE, Frank Joseph Bell, AIA,
- Update of various County facilities and projects.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Operating Assistance Agreement with New Jersey Transit Corporation, for Section 5311/NJT Federal Grant funding in an amount not to exceed $317,659. (NJ Transit - $158,830, County Match - $158,830).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a renewal donation from Merck, Inc., in the amount of $9,800, to continue two (2) Partnership Action Team initiatives “Fitness Without Walls” and “Know Your Numbers, Know Your Risk”, through the Hunterdon County Health Department.
- East Whitehouse Fire Department, Requesting approve to utilize the Lebanon Garage fuel pumps during evenings and weekends. They already have permission to use the facility during normal working hours.
XIII. OLD BUSINESS
- Request from Califon Borough to create a fireman’s memorial on County Parkland.
- Request from the Tax Board to attend a conference.
- To discuss Bigley applications.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS ASSIGNMENT REPORTS
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC