|Home | Board of Chosen Freeholders | April 01, 2008 Board Meeting|
A complete copy of the April 01, 2008 Board Meeting Minutes are available online.
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 5:00 p.m.
3:35 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
l. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before March 24, 2008, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
IV. 6:00 p.m.KINGWOOD TWP., Deputy Mayor James Burke
- To discuss a preservation project.
V. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR , Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
- County Resident Prescription Savings Program.
VI. OPEN SPACE, Kevin S. Richardson, Coordinator
- Presentation of a County Cooperative Acquisition Program.
VII. LIBRARY, Mark Titus, Director
- Update of Library services.
VIII. PROJECT UPDATE, Frank J. Bell, AIA, Project Administrator
- Update of various County facilities and projects.
- Update with Michael Rasimowicz, Information Technology on the wireless project.
IX. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the rejects of bids received for Bid #2008-02, to furnish and deliver a John Deere 4WD Loader, or its approved equal, to Roads, Bridges and Engineering, as Jesco Equipment did not meet the County’s specifications and Binder Machinery was over the budgeted amount.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Bid #2008-04, to furnish and deliver glass traffic marking spheres, for the Traffic Maintenance Division, of Roads, Bridges and Engineering, to Garden State Highway Products, in an amount not to exceed $26,520.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Bid #2008-08, to furnish and deliver structural steel, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, to Samson Metal Services, in an amount not to exceed $25,227.64.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40017745, using Quotation #0024-2008, with Ambion, for tank cleaning solvent, for the Traffic Maintenance Division, of Roads, Bridges and Engineering, amount of $16,507.50.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40017963, using State Contract #A-70957, with Fords National Auto Mall, for one 2008 Ford F150 Supercab XL with towing trailer, for Rutgers’ Cooperative Extension, in the amount of $19,768.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40017964, using State Contract #A-70850, with Hertrich Fleet Services, for one 2008 Chevrolet Suburban, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $29,739.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40017965, using State Contract #A-70850, with Hertrich Fleet Services, for one 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer, for the Health Department, in the amount of $19,382.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40017966, using State Contract #A-70870, with Hertrich Fleet Services, for one 2008 Chevrolet Uplander, for the Youth Facility Division, of the Public Safety Department, in the amount of 16,009.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40017967, using State Contract #A-70850, with Hertrich Fleet Services, for one 2008 Chevrolet Trialblazer, for the Prosecutor’s Office, in the amount of $19,382.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40017962, using State Contract #A-70872, for one 2008 Ford Econoline Wagon S31, for the Route 31 Vehicle pool, in the amount of $20,860.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40017968, using State Contract #A-70462, for two (2) 2008 Ford Police Interceptor P71 with Base lighting package, for the Prosecutor’s Office, in the amount of $43,310.
X. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- To discuss safety and mobility improvements to the Intersection of County Route 610 and 513, in the Borough of Frenchtown.
XI. 7:00 p.m. FINANCE, Charles Balogh, Jr., County Treasurer
- PUBLIC HEARING - Capital Ordinance No. 01-08, authorizing the acquisition of vehicles, in the amount of $284,500.
XII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated April 01, 2008.
- RESOLUTION - Thomas Kachnowski appointed provisional, part time Coordinator of Volunteers, in the Health Department, (grant funded position).
- RESOLUTION - Elizabeth Erwin, Senior Librarian, Library, leave of absence.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Agreement for the Loan of Transit Equipment with Sussex County, for one 2001 Bluebird Bus, to assist the transit dependent resident of Sussex County. A fire destroyed several of Sussex’s buses.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a 15 ton weight limit on County Bridge R-24, on Mill Road, in Readington Township.
- RESOLUTION - Supporting an application by HART for Safe Routes School programming, eleven schools have been identified for this programming.
- RESOLUTION - Supporting Interstate 78 municipalities in their application for Scenic Byway designation for the Interstate 78 transportation corridor through Hunterdon.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with David Errickson to serve as Chaplain at the Division of Corrections for 2008, in an amount not to exceed $15,600.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing April 2008 as National Autism Awareness Month in Hunterdon.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring May 2008 as ALPHA-1 Awareness Month in Hunterdon.
- PROCLAMATION - Proclaiming May 08, 2008 as Hunterdon County Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day in Hunterdon.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring May 2008 as Mental Health Awareness Month in the County.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Kyle Weber for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Hugh Joseph Prentice for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a New Jersey Council on the Arts application for the “Local Arts Program”, for FY2009-2011 funding, to provide County Arts Agency Support and Re-granting Support through the Cultural & Heritage Commission.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant contract with the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, for 2008 Recreational Opportunities for Individuals with Disabilities, in the amount of $5,000.
- Lucy Bush, requesting to use the historic Court House steps on Thursday, May 01, 2008, for the 57 th annual National Day of Prayer. Also requesting the use of an electrical outlet.
- Readington Township, requesting permission to close a portion of County Route 523, (from Route 22 to Mountain Road), on Monday, May 26, 2008, from 9:30 a.m. until 11:00 a.m., for the Township’s Memorial Day Parade.
- Green Brook Racing, LLC, requesting permission to use County roads on Sunday, September 07, 2008, from 7:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., for their second annual BUCKMAN Sprint Distance Triathlon at Round Valley Recreation area.
- Somerset Wheelmen, USA Cycling, Inc., requesting permission to use County Route 620, to hold “The Somerset Circuit Time Trial” on Saturday, May 10, 2008.
XVII. FREEHOLDERS ASSIGNMENT REPORTS
XVIII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XIX. EXECUTIVE SESSION (reconvene if necessary)