Freeholder's Main Page
OCTOBER 09, 2007 MEETING MINUTES
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building & Historic County Court House
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
l. 3:00 p.m.CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2007, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion approving the payment of all claims as listed on the Claims Register dated October 09, 2007.
- RESOLUTION - Laura Palumbo appointed permanent, full time Library Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Robert Sanchis appointed permanent, full time Laborer, Rutgers Cooperative Extension.
- RESOLUTION - Diana Perovich appointed permanent, full time Senior Clerk Typist BiLingual, County Clerk’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Gail Bowen appointed permanent, full time Principal Clerk Typist, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Terence Carroll appointed permanent, full time Building Maintenance Worker, Buildings and Maintenance.
- RESOLUTION - Susan Pena appointed provisional, full time Senior Youth Worker, Youth Facility Division, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Matthew Kriegl appointed provisional, full time GIS Specialist 3, GIS Division, Information Technology.
- RESOLUTION - Robert Hunt Sr., salary adjustment for acting as a Crew Supervisor, Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Lawrence Bohnam, salary adjustment for acting as a Crew Supervisor, Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Patrick Masterson, salary adjustment for acting as a Crew Supervisor, Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Anna Pinkerton, title change to Senior Clerk Typist, Rutgers’ Cooperative Extension.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the return of a Road Opening Deposit to Paul deLacy, in the amount of $500.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the return of a Road Opening Deposit to Marianne Walsh, in the amount of $500
- RESOLUTION - Approving a federal aid agreement for the Rockafellows Mill Road project, Bridge RQ-164, in the Townships of Raritan and Readington.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an InterLocal Health Services agreement with the Township of West Amwell, for certain health activities and services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Senior Citizen and Disabled Resident Transportation Assistance agreement, in the amount of $627,776, (State “Casino Revenue”), for the LINK.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a fixed weight limit on County Bridge M-112, on Mill Street, in Milford Borough.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Raritan Township for the Installation of Sanitary Sewer Construction along Route 523 and Route 612, in Raritan Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Pino Consulting Group, Inc., to provide financial management consulting for preparation of the indirect cost allocation plans and director costs rates for the time periods ending 2005 and 2006, in the amount of $36,500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Katharine Bergacs to the Health and Human Services Advisory Council to fill an unexpired term.
- Motion to approve Certificates for Years of Service for thirty (30) years to Denise Doolan; for twenty-five (25) years to Arlene (Kay) Strain; for twenty (20) years to Louis (Pete) Maddalena, James Fleming, Thomas Leone and Lee Ann Hughes; for fifteen (15) years to Carol Bodder, George Price, Jr.; David Douglass, Pamela Bowlby, and Luis Rivera; for ten (10) years to Edward Davis, Michael Bunting, and Kathy Burgess; and for five (5) years to Evan Van Gilson, Jason Strauss, Jessica Neiber, Joan Tigar, Victoria Hockenbury, William Tarrant, Dee Parkhouse, Karin Gruss, Victoria Wieboldt, Deborah Herrighty, Patrick Eckard, Robert Silva Jr., and Mary Ann Rodenberger.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing October as National Arts and Humanities Month.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing October as National Disability Employment Awareness Month.
V. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
VI. ROADS, BRIDGES and ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update on various County road and bridge projects.
VII. OPEN SPACE, Kevin S. Richardson, Open Space Coordinator
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Assignment Agreement with the New Jersey Conservation Foundation (NJCF) to acquire a portion of Block 1, Lot 30 and Block 19, Lot 26, in Delaware Township.
VIII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Bid #2007-36, to furnish and deliver various Ford vehicles for the County, to Hertrich Fleet Services, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $257,252.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Bid #2007-42, to furnish and deliver one (1) 2007 two (2) Axle 20 Ton Capacity Pintle Pull Slide Axle Trailer or approved equivalent, to H.A. Dehart & Sons, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $34,395.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a modification to the professional services agreement with Newton Land Surveyors, for surveying services on Block 80, Lot 13, in Raritan Township, increase of $2,200, amending the not to exceed to $18,400 .
IX. FARMLAND PRESERVATION
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Contact for Sale of Development Easement for Richard and Melissa Crouse, for Block 12, Lot 19, in Kingwood Township, consisting of an estimated 54 acres, (SADC-$215,325, County-$55,728, Township-$62,397), total amount $333,450.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Contact for Sale of Development Easement for Marie Janyszeski; Charles and Abigail Kutz, and Benjamin Janyszeski, for Block 17, Lot 4, in West Amwell, consisting of an estimated 36 acres, (SADC-$199,454.40, County-$56,512.08, Township-$76,457.52), total amount $332,424.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application to participate in the ACHIEVE (Action Communities for Health, Innovation, and EnVironmental ChangE) Initiative, through the County Health Department, in the amount of $80,000 (50% for County Health Department and 50% for the YMCA) for 2008.
- Milford Merchants Association, requesting permission to march County Route 519, on Sunday, October 28, 2007, during their annual parade, at 1:00 p.m.
- Victoria Grimes, requesting permission to have a tree planted at the County Arboretum in memory of her mother.
- Hampton Borough, requesting permission for the County’s Department of Central Printing and Mail, to print their quarterly newsletter.
- Tewksbury Township, requesting permission to use the County’s truck washing facility in Annandale, for the township trucks and equipment.
XII. FREEHOLDER REPORTS
XIII. 4:30 p.m.EXECUTIVE SESSION REQUESTS
- To discuss personnel matters.
- 02. To discuss legal matters.
- 03. To discuss land matters.
XIV. 5:30 p.m. PUBLIC SESSION DISCUSSION (NOTE: Limit of 5 minutes per person)
- Mayor Robert McGeary, Franklin Township re: Summit Manner