A complete copy of the January 09, 2007 Minutes is now available in
Adobe Acrobat Reader format (PDF).
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
l. 3:00 p.m.CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2007, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- RESOLUTION - Samantha Yukniewicz appointed permanent, full time Public Safety Telecommunicator, Division of Emergency Services, Department of Public Safety.
- RESOLUTION - Thomas Roy appointed permanent, full time Mechanic’s Helper, Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Tracy Cerillo appointed provisional, full time Family Service Worker, Social Services Division, Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Mariana DeMartinez appointed provisional, full time Family Service Worker, Social Services Division, Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Setting the 2006 and 2007 salaries for employees covered under the contract for the FOP Lodge #94, (Sheriff’s Officers).
- RESOLUTION - Setting the 2006 and 2007 salaries for Sheriff’s Investigators’ in the Sheriff’s Office.
- RESOULITON - Approving the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the County of Hunterdon and the Hunterdon County Sheriff’s Officer Association, F.O.P. Lodge #94, for the period of January 1, 2006 through December 31, 2008.
- RESOLUTION - Approving authorized individuals to sign documents, for the purpose of receiving various State funded allocations administered by the Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Quote #0073-2006, for the provision of human services, awarded to various Hunterdon County agencies, in the total amount of $89,046.25.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the “Senior Citizen and Disabled Resident Transportation Assistance Agreement” with the NJ Transit Corporation, in the amount of $593,810.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the application and agreement for State Aid for the Transportation Trust Fund Authority Act, for the resurfacing of County Routes 615 and 579, in the Townships of Franklin and Kingwood.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to the provider services agreement with Anderson House, increase of $8,732.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a project award with the NJ Department of Law and Public Safety, for the Insurance Fraud Reimbursement Program, in the amount of $15,310.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of a performance bond with Kaplan Companies, in the amount of $466,206.00.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Kenneth M. Dahler for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Christopher Garthwaite for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
IV. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
V. FINANCE, Charles Balogh, Jr., County Treasurer
- Motion to approve the temporary 2007 Budget.
- RESOLUTION - Cancelling a grant receivable and reserve for the 2005 County Environmental Health Act, in the amount of $2,500.
- RESOLUTION - Pension Refunding Bond Sale.
VI. ROADS, BRIDGES and ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update on various County road and bridge projects.
VII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40014134, with Campbell Foundry, for inlets, for the Roads and Bridges Department, in the amount of $11,230.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #HCJ.46631, with Motorola, for a radio base station, for the Corrections Department, in the amount of $7,355.
VIII. FARMLAND PRESERVATION
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a Municipal Cost Sharing Agreement with Raritan Township, for Block 81, Lot 2 and Block 82, Lot 4.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a Contract for Sale of Development Easement, Block 22, Lot 98 and Block 14, Lot 35, in the Township of Holland, owned by Suzanne Murphy, (SADC - $162,750; County - $49,875; Holland Township - $49,875), total of $262,500.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a grant agreement for the acquisition of a development easement, Block 32, Lot 7.03, with the Township of West Amwell, (Atchley) (SADC - $337,673.49; County - $95,674.16; West Amwell Township - $129,441.50), total of $562,789.15.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a Contract for Sale of Development Easement, Block 17, Lots 23, 23.01, and 23.02, in the Township of Delaware, owned by Elizabeth Dugger, (SADC - $588,000; County - $196,000; Delaware Township - $196,000), total of $980,000.
IX. PLANNING BOARD, Sue Dziamara, Director
- Discussion of proposed State Agriculture Development Commission, (SADC) regulations.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Title XX Transportation grant renewal, for the provision of transportation services and, the concomitant Public Donor Agreement, for $32,704.00 in matching funds.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement application, with the NJ State Council on the Arts, support and re-granting purposes, in the amount of $75,218.00 and designating the Cultural and Heritage Commission as the official agency to administer awards from the grant application.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application with the National Association of County and City Health Officials, to provide support development of Medical Reserve Corps, in the amount of $10,000.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application with NJ Historical Commission, for General Operating Support and re-granting purposes, in the amount of $56,109.00.
XI. FOR DISCUSSION
- To discuss an invoice received for dues for the New Jersey Association of Counties for 2007.
- To discuss the deer carcass removal decision.
- To discuss the opening of a New Jersey Veterans Services office in the County.
- To discuss salaries for constitutional officers and their deputies.
XII. FREEHOLDERS ASSIGNMENT REPORTS
XIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION REQUESTS
- To discuss personnel matters.
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
XIV. 5:30 p.m. PUBLIC SESSION DISCUSSION
- Sue Adipietro, Frenchtown Borough, regarding the Repetitive Flood Claims (RFC) Program.
XV. UNION TOWNSHIP
- To discuss a request for cost sharing on the Milligan Farm, Block 22, Lot 20.