A complete copy of the October 10,
2006 Minutes is available in
Adobe Acrobat Reader format (PDF).
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2006
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 04, 2006, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. 3:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION REQUESTS
- To discuss personnel matters.
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
IV. 4:30 p.m. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the executive session minutes of August 08, 2006 and the regular and executive session minutes of September 12, 2005 and September 26, 2006.
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated October 10, 2006.
- RESOLUTION - Richard Chrysafis appointed permanent, full time Supervisor of Senior Citizens Activities, Division of Senior Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Matthew Kriegl appointed provisional, full time GIS Trainee, Division of GIS, Information Technology Department.
- RESOLUTION - Melissa Allen appointed provisional, full time Principal Clerk Transcriber, Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Gloria Slovak appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Christa Pezza appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Approving appointments to the North Jersey Resource Conservation and Development Council, Inc.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a FTA Section 5310 Retirement Agreement accepting three vehicles from NJ Transit into the County’s Consolidated Transportation System, known as “The LINK.”
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for Bid #2005-36, for Resurfacing of County Route 523, in Readington and Tewksbury Township, to Schifano Construction Corp., in the amount of $348,620.24.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for Bid #2005-44, for Resurfacing of County Route 514, in East Amwell and Raritan Township, to Mannon Excavating and Paving Co., Inc., in the amount of $37,970.02.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for Bid #2006-19, for the 2006 Application of Traffic Stripes and Markings on County Routes 512, 602, 620, 626, 628, 2629, 637, 641 and 650 in various municipalities, to Denville Line Painting, Inc., in the amount of $5,018.38.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring October 2006 as County Employee Appreciation Month, in Hunterdon.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Anthony Masucci for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Jonathan Mellinger for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
V. PUBLIC SESSION DISCUSSION (NOTE: Limit of 5 minutes per person)
- Anna Hoffman, Request for Donation.
VI. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- Update on the policy for County Park co-sponsorship permits.
- Update on the Flu Vaccine program.
VII. FINANCE, Charles Balogh, Jr., County Treasurer
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the Budget for the Multi-Jurisdictional Narcotics Task Force Grant, in the amount of $104,163.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the Budget for HIV Counseling and Testing Grant, in the amount of $94,600.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the Budget for the Victim Assistant Project Grant, in the amount of $230,428.
VIII. FARMLAND PRESERVATION
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal/County Cost Sharing agreement with Holland Township for acquisition of a Development Easement, (Jenness Farm), Block 21, Lot 18.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal/County Cost Sharing agreement with Readington Township for acquisition of a Development Easement, (Arnaudy Farm), Block 15, Lot 4.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract for Sale of Development Rights, with Readington Township, (Arnaudy Farm), for Block 15, Lot 4, (SADC-$253,132.80, County-$84,377.60, Township-$84,377.60), total amount of $$421,888.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract for Sale of Development Rights, with Lisa M. Cifrese and Richard Geha, on Block 44, Lot 6, in Delaware Township, (SADC-$166,600, County-$47,260, Township-$58,140), total amount of $272,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal/County Cost Sharing agreement with Readington, (Cuchiaro Farm), Block 39, Lot 14.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract for Sale of Development Easement with Readington Township, (Cuchiaro Farm), for Block 39, Lot 14, (SADC-$260,280, County-$86,760, Township-$86,760), total amount of $433,800.
IX. COUNTY COUNSEL, Gaetano M. DeSapio
- Status of the Forestry Management plan prepared by the Shade Tree Commission.
X. PROJECT ADMNISTRATION, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update of County projects and facilities.
XI. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #23229, with M&W Communications, for 26 Instalert Receivers, for the Department of Public Safety, in the amount of$12,580.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #27840, with Stempler Drapery & Carpet, for carpet at the Youth Facility, for the Buildings and Maintenance Department, in the amount of $12,846.41.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #PARKS.2542, with Pannier Graphics, for fiberglass embedded panels, layout and design, and low profile exhibit frame and base, for Parks and Recreation, in the amount of $7,575.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Competitive Contract #2006-25, for Golf Course Operations and Management Services at the Heron Glen Golf Course, to Kemper Sports Management, in the amount of $420,000, for a five year contract.
XII. OPEN SPACE, Kevin Richardson, Coordinator
- Update on a policy for municipal partnering and various requests.
XIII. 5:30 p.m. BUSINESS & GOVERNMENT COUNCIL, Suzanne Lagay
- To present a progress report on the activities of the Business & Government Council.
- Health Department, requesting permission on behalf of the Latino Healthcare Committee to have the County’s Department of Central Printing and Mail, print a newsletter monthly to assist in getting information out to the Hispanic population. The Central Printing and Mail has provided a quote for the work for one month.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subgrant award from the New Jersey Division of Criminal Justice, Office of Victim-Witness Advocacy, for the SANE/SART project, in the amount of $102,877, (Federal Funds-$80,302, County match-$20,576).
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application under the Megan’s Law Sex Offender Central Internet Registry Grant program, in the amount of $2,040.
XVI. FOR DISCUSSION
- Resolutions received from the Townships of Bethlehem and Clinton, opposing litigation regarding deer pick-up.
- Request from Delaware Township concerning County Route 604.
XVII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS (continued if necessary)