A complete copy of the June 27,
2006 Minutes are available in
Adobe Acrobat Reader format (PDF).
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, JUNE 27, 2006
is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings
Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy
of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main
Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place
reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before June 20, 2006,
to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier
News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated
to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk."
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. 2:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION REQUESTS
- To discuss personnel matters.
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
IV. 4:30 p.m. CONSENT AGENDA
listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board
of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one
motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these
items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent
Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion approving
the regular session minutes of June 13, 2006.
- Motion to approve
claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated June 27, 2006.
- Motion to approve
the Social Services Funds report for May 2006.
- RESOLUTION -
Approving an agreement with Rutgers State University of New Jersey, to perform
surveillance activities in connection with the County’s Black Fly Control
Program, in an amount not to exceed $12,410.
- Approving a Developers’ Agreement with A.M. Best Company at the recommendation
of the Hunterdon County Planning Board, in connection with the TID improvements
along the County Route 523 Corridor.
- Approving an agreement for the Installation of Electric Distribution Facilities,
utilizing a Minimum Charge Contract Demand, for the Emergency Services Facility.
- Authorizing the release of a maintenance bond to FBS Partners, LP, in the
form of a paper bond, in the amount of $8,510, in connection with County Culvert
- Authorizing the release of a cash Road Opening Deposit to Joan Verity, in
the amount of $500.
- Approving a modification to the provider service contact with the Sunrise
House Foundation, Inc., to provide the Teen AMD Clean Adolescent Program,
at the Youth Facility, increase of $7,000.
- Approving the administration of the Special Project Grant Awards for 2006,
through the Cultural and Heritage Commission, in the amount of $61,850.
- Authorizing that the unexpended 2004-2005 Workfroce New Jersey funds through
Social Services, be transferred, one time only with the permission of the
GRWIB to Somerset County Social Services to benefit their customers, $42,055
of TANF funds and $40,622 of GA funds.
- Approving three municipal grant program applications through the Open Space
Trust Fund to Bethlehem Township ($61,19.77), East Amwell Township (32,276.26)
and Stockton Borough ($12,549.07) and two nonprofit grant program applications
to Hunterdon Land Trust Alliance ($400,000) and the Tewksbury Land Trust ($250,000).
SESSION DISCUSSION (NOTE: Limit of 5 minutes per person)
ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- Request to dispose
of dirt stockpile from Arboretum.
- Update on summer
concert alternative venues.
- Update concerning
resolution for Canadian Geese.
PRINTING AND MAIL, Bob Thurgarland, Director
- State of the
FINANCE, Charles Balogh, Jr., County Treasurer
- PUBLIC HEARING
- Bond Ordinance No. 10-06, authorizing the improvement and renovations to
the Hall of Records and the Southard Building, in the amount of $4,250,000.
IX. FARMLAND PRESERVATION
- Approving a contract for sale of development easement with Dean and Christine
Torsilieri, for Block 21, Lot 15, in East Amwell Township, (SADC-$102,600,
County-$34,200, Township-$34,200), total amount of $171,000.
- Approving a contract for sale of development easement with Readington Township,
for Block 72, Lots 5 and 5.02, (SADC-$287,482.07, County-$64,398.29, Twp.-$64,398.29),
total amount of $416,278.65.
- Approving the Deed of Easement and Grant Agreement from Clinton Township,
for Block 19, Lots 37 and 38, (SADC-$686,634.10, County-$183,653.90, Township-$205,162.96),
total amount of $1,075,451.
- Approving a Municipal/County Cost Sharing Agreement with Readington Township
(Staats Farm), Block 57, Lot 13.01.
BOARD, Sue Dziamara, Acting Director
- Status on the
Farmland Preservation Program.
ADMNISTRATION, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update of County
projects and facilities.
John P. Davenport,
- Approving Requisition #HS.03264, with Avail Technologies, Inc., for an extended
warranty on the hardware and software, for Human Services, in the amount of
- Approving Requisition #IT.2539, with Eplus, for hardware for Information
Technology, in the amount of $6,017.72.
- Approving Requisition #40012586, with Design Plastic Systems, for three
(3) storage tanks for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $18,732.
- Authorizing the award of County Bid #2006-16, to furnish and deliver Custom
Fitted Uniforms, for Corrections, Emergency Services, Park and Recreation
and the Sheriff’s Office, to Ray’s Sport Shop, in an amount not
to exceed $103,128.98.
- Request permission
to advertise Competitive Contract #2006-25, for the Management of the Heron
Glen Golf Course.
BRIDGES and ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update on various
County road and bridge projects.
- Approving a grant application for the renewal of the Local Law Enforcement
Block Grant, in the amount of $2,427 (Federal Funds - $1,821, County Match
- Megan Beetel
Nicoletti, Request to plant a Japanese Maple Tree at the Court Street Park,
in memory of her father, Thomas J. Beetel, former Hunterdon County Judge.
(continued if necessary)