A complete copy of the February 28, 2006 Minutes are available in
Adobe Acrobat Reader format (PDF).
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Historic Court House
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2006
2:45 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 03, 2006, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. 3:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION REQUESTS
- To discuss personnel matters.
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
IV. 4:30 p.m. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion approving the regular and executive session minutes of February 14, 2006.
- Motion to approve Claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated February 28, 2006.
- Motion to approve the Social Services Funds Report for January 2006.
- RESOLUTION - Charles Ouslander appointed unclassified, full time Assistant Prosecutor, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Karen Booream appointed permanent, full time Sanitary Inspector Trainee, Health Department.
- RESOLUTION - Norbert Rosso appointed permanent, full time Deputy Warden, Division of Corrections, Department of Public Safety.
- RESOLUTION - Stephanie Brown appointed permanent, full time Public Health Representative 3, Health Department.
- RESOLUTION - Rose Ann Freund appointed permanent, full time Senior Account Clerk, Division of Social Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Melissa Alles appointed permanent, full time Public Health Representative 3, Health Department.
- RESOLUTION - Marc Katz appointed permanent, full time Public Health Representative 3, Health Department.
- RESOLUTION - Rachel Coburn appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Paul Neiber, Investigator Sergeant, Prosecutor’s Office, salary adjustment.
- RESOLUTION - Cynthia Boyer appointed permanent, part time Library Associate, Library. (Civil Service Title Reclassification)
- RESOLUTION - Approving the 2006 County Welfare Agency Budget Statement Certification.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant Agreement with the Town of Clinton, representing the North Hunterdon Cluster, in the amount of $23,742.86, to implement substance abuse prevention services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a services agreement with C.U.R.A., Inc., to provide short-term residential services and sub-acute residential detoxification services, in the amount of $3,800.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a proposal with HART, to provide Marketing Support Services, for the LINK, as part of the JARC Round 6 grant, in the amount of $20,000, to provide public outreach for the Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement with Miller, Porter and Muller, to serve as legal counsel, to the Planning Department, in an amount not to exceed $30,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with the Hunterdon Medical Center, as part of the Local Core Capacity Infrasture Bioterrorism grant, in the amount of $134,860. (grant funds)
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Barbara Burguard to the Transportation Advisory Committee.
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing Tripp Hindle for having served on the Polytech Board.
V. PUBLIC SESSION DISCUSSION (NOTE: Limit of 5 minutes per person)
VI. FINANCE, Charles Balogh, Jr.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the amendment of the Temporary Capital Budget.
- INTRODUCTION - Capital Ordinance No. 02-06, for the acquisition of vehicles, in the amount of $460,000.
VII. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- Update on the Deer Management Committee.
VIII. FARMLAND PRESERVATION
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Contract for Sale of Development Easement and the Rider to Contract, from Armand T. Christopher, Jr., on Block 58, Lot 9, in Delaware Township, (SADC-$192,000, County-$51,626, Township-$51,692), total amount $295,386.
- RESOLUTION - Granting final approval for the acquisition of a development easement from Illva Saronno Corporation, Block 80, Lots 1 and 2, in Readington Township, (SADC-$1,213,200, County-$404,000, Township-$404,000), total amount $2,022,000.
- RESOLUTION - Granting final approval for the acquisition of a development easement from the Estate of Lilian Kanach, Block 21, Lots 11 and 12, in East Amwell Township, (SADC-$250,800, County-$83,600, Township-$83,600), total amount $418,00000.
IX. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #690, with OM Workspace, for seven (7) fireproof files, plus delivery, for the Sheriff’s Office, in the amount of $11,638.94.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #03104, with Dell, for eight (8) computers for LINK services, for the Department of Human Services, in the amount of $9,781.43.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #22988, with MicroStrategies, for the annual voice recorder service contract, for the Communications Division of the Department of Public Safety, in the amount of $8,071.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #27172, with Certified Chemical, for an extractor and scrubber, for Buildings and Maintenance, in the amount of $7,196.10.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Bid #2005-50, to furnish and deliver one (1) 2006 Sterling Candor with 600 Gallon Plural Component Pavement Marking Longliner Airless Spray Equipment, to M-B Companies, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $393,796.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Robert W. Ent, LLC, to provide professional surveying services, to the Department of Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a auctioneer services agreement for surplus property in the County, to Max Spann Auctions, in an amount not to exceed 10% of the sales proceeds in the form of a buyers’ premium payable directly from the purchaser.
X. PLANNING BOARD, Sue Dziamara, Acting Director
- Status of the Farmland Preservation Program.
XI. ROADS, BRIDGES and ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update on various County road and bridge projects.
XII. PROJECT ADMNISTRATION, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update of County projects and facilities.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Area Plan Grant #10-046, for the housing repair program, in the amount of $11,808 in state funds and $1,312 in local funds.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant renewal from the NJ Highway Safety Division, for the Kids are Riding Safe program, in the amount of $28,436.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant from the New Jersey Historical Commission, re-granted through the County Cultural & Heritage Commission, for the installation of an Exhibit Display Case for the preservation and protection of artifacts and photographs, at the County Parks and Recreation Department, in the amount of $2,400.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS
XV. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS (continued if necessary)