A complete copy of the August 08,
2006 Minutes are available in
Adobe Acrobat Reader format (PDF)..
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, AUGUST 08, 2006
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before July 26, 2006, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. 2:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION REQUESTS
- To discuss personnel matters.
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
IV. 4:30 p.m. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the regular and executive session minutes of July 11, 2006 and the regular session minutes of July 25, 2006.
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated August 08, 2006.
- RESOLUTION - Albert Enea III appointed permanent, full time Senior Sanitary Inspector, Health Department.
- RESOLUTION - Terry Edward appointed permanent, full time Senior Librarian, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Gabrielle Freedley appointed permanent, full time Senior Library Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Dena Flynn appointed permanent, full time Senior Library Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Sherry Kyle appointed permanent, full time Senior Library Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Maria Angelo appointed provisional, full time Senior Library Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Kenneth Bogen appointed provisional, full time Senior Planner, Planning Board.
- RESOLUTION - Safiyah Blalock appointed provisional, full time Senior Youth Worker, Youth Facility, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Katie McMahon appointed provisional, full time Family Service Worker, Division of Social Services, Department of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Matthew Plummer appointed temporary, as needed Laborer, Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Johnathan Boyle appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Christopher Lunden for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to state contract #06APKC, increase in funding of $8,552 for the purchase of approved equipment for the Personal Assistance Services Program.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for Bid #2005-05, for the Reconstruction of County Bridge FC-62, on Hamden Road, over the South Branch of the Raritan River, in Clinton and Franklin Township, with Rencor, Inc., in the amount of $37,768.03.
- RESOLUTION - Approving plans and specifications for the Resurfacing of County Route 617, in the Township of Franklin.
V. PUBLIC SESSION DISCUSSION (NOTE: Limit of 5 minutes per person)
VI. FINANCE, Charles Balogh, Jr., County Treasurer
- PUBLIC HEARING – Capital Ordinance No. 11-06, authorizing the conversion and renovations at the Hunterdon County Parks and Recreation Arboretum Greenhouse, in the amount of $350,000.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing compliance with the Local Finance Board in connection with the 2005 County Audit.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2006 Budget for the Solid Waste Services Tax, in the amount of $114,747.
- Comments on Audit by Thomas Ferry, of Ferraioli, Wielkotz, Cerullo & Cuva.
VII. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- Update on the opening for the Library Headquarters.
- Update on tree dedication at the Library Headquarters.
VIII. COUNTY COUNSEL, Gaetano M. DeSapio, Esquire
- Pay to Play Policy.
IX. HEALTH DEPARTMENT, John Beckley, Director
- Report of the Pandemic Flu and ongoing preparedness efforts.
X. FARMLAND PRESERVATION
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract for Sale of Development Easement from West Amwell Township (Atchley), for Block 32, Lot 7.03, (SADC - $339,306, County - $96,136.70, Township - $130,067.30), total amount of $565,510.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract for Sale of Development Easement from Edward O. and Nikki Fentzlaff, for Block 69, Lot 49, in Lebanon Townshiop, (SADC-$280,440, Federal-$20,500, County - $0.00, Seller Donation - $54,284, Township - $112,176), total amount of $467,400.00.
XI. 5: 30 p.m.SHADE TREE COMMISSION Bill Wild and Shaun Van Doren
- To discuss a draft Community Forestry Management Plan.
XII. ROADS, BRIDGES and ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update on various County road and bridge projects.
- Proposal from Richard Grubb & Associates for Phase II Archaeological Investigation for Safety Improvements to the Intersection of County Route 523 ( River Road), County Route 612 ( Bartles Corner Road), and County Route 523 ( Flemington-Whitehouse Road), in Raritan Township.
- Request received from Holland Township to purchase a County dump truck.
- Request from Robert E. Lee, III, to review a claim he made against the County for motor vehicle damage.
XIII. PROJECT ADMNISTRATION, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update of County projects and facilities.
XIV. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #HCJ.46454, with the Hunterdon Medical Center, for services to inmates, for the Division of Corrections, Public Safety Department, in the amount of $10,384.36.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Bid #2006-07, to furnish and deliver four (4) Ford F-550 Super Duty XL 4 Wheel Drive, Dual Wheel Municipal Dump Body Truck with accessories, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, to Ford World,d/b/a Condit Truck Center, in an amount not to exceed $251,041.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Bid #2006-26, to furnish and deliver four (4) 2007 Ford F-550 Super Duty XL 4.2 Wheel Drive, Dual Wheel Utility Trucks with accessories, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, to Ford World, d/b/a Condit Truck Center, in an amount not to exceed $161,322.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an award from the NJ Dept. of Law and Public Safety, for the Juvenile Justice Assistance Program, in the amount of $1,821 in federal funds, and a County match of $606.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subgrant award for the Victims of Crime Assistance Project/Victims of Crime Act, in the amount of $230,428 in federal funds and a County match of $57,607.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the renewal of an Operating Assistance Agreement with NJ Transit for the Section 5311/NJT Federal Grant, (federal funds - $271,412, County Match - $135,706.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the subgrant award agreement with the New Jersey Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness, for the 2006 Homeland Security Grant Program, in the amount of $295,882.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a supplemental grant with the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services for the Local Core Capacity for Infrastructure for Bioterrorism Preparedness (pandemic flu), in the amount of $32,479.
XVI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS
XVII. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS (continued if necessary)