to Freeholder's Main Page
A complete copy of the October 11, 2005 Minutes is be available in
Adobe Acrobat Reader format (PDF) when approved.
Main Street County Complex, Second Floor, Flemington, New Jersey
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
October 11 , 2005
l. 3:00 p.m.CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 04, 2005, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. EXECUTIVE SESSION REQUESTS
- To discuss personnel matters.
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land matters.
IV. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of August 23, 2005 and September 13, 2005.
- Motion to approve the payment of all claims as listed on the Claims Register dated October 11, 2005.
- RESOLUTION - Danielle Pervy appointed unclassified, part time Employee Board of Elections, Election Board.
- RESOLUTION - Christine Hammerstone appointed unclassified, full time Confidential Assistant, Division of Social Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Patrick Eckard appointed permanent, full time Youth Worker Supervisor, Division of Youth Facility, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Daniel Johnson appointed permanent, full time Technician MIS, Information Technology.
- RESOLUTION - Robert McElroy appointed permanent, full time Laborer, Roads and Bridges.
- RESOLUTION - Melissa Alles appointed provisional, part time Public Health Representative 3 Communicable Disease, Health Department.
- RESOLUTION - Crystal Barnes appointed provisional, full time Assistant Planner, Planning Board.
- RESOLUTION - Cory Colaluce appointed provisional, full time Road Repairer, Roads and Bridges.
- RESOLUTION - Leilani Hershey appointed provisional, full time Senior Planner, Planning Board.
- RESOLUTION - Adam Manus appointed provisional, full time Laboratory Assistant, Health Department.
- RESOLUTION - Daniel Wene appointed Sanitary Inspector Trainee, Health Department.
- RESOLUTION - Michael Greulich appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Kim Brinki, Employee Board of Elections, status changed to full time.
- RESOLUTION - Linda Zdepski, Library Assistant, Library, leave of absence without pay.
- RESOLUTION - Approving application for payment #17, for Bid #2003-38, for Renovations and Addition to the Route 12 Library Headquarters, with Tore Electric, Inc., in the amount of $10,307.08.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the plans and specifications for Resurfacing of County Route 514, in East Amwell and Raritan Townships.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Mid-Block Pedestrian Crosswalk at Flemington-Junction Road (CR-523 Spur) and Junction Road (CR-523).
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of a performance bond, in the form of a letter of credit, to Kiser Enterprises, kin the amount of $45,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving at the recommendation of the HHSAC, the “Alcohol and Drug Abuse Service Plan 2006” and approving its transmittal to the New Jersey Department of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Section 5310 Transfer of Title Agreement for a 1995 Ford Supreme Senator Minibus, leased from NJ Transit.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Section 5310 Transfer of Title Agreement for a 2000 Ford Eldorado, Xminibus, leased from NJ Transit.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a provider service agreement with Easter Seals of New Jersey, to provide transitional and permanent housing to eligible County residents, in the amount of $45,900.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Ad-A-Link Advertising Agreement with the Central NJ Maternal & Child Health Consortium, (c/o Three Bears, LLC), in the amount of $1,668 (semi-annually).
V. FOR DISCUSSION
- To discuss the settlement of Trout vs. Hunterdon County, et als.
VI. PUBLIC SESSION DISCUSSION (NOTE: Limit of 5 minutes per person)
VII. PUBLIC SAFETY DEPARTMENT, George F. Wagner, Director
- New Jersey Department of Corrections to present to the Board of Chosen Freeholders the Jail Inspection Certificate for 100% Compliance.
- Mechanical Precision, Inc., Request to plant a tree at Deer Path Park in memory of a member of the Hunterdon Walking Club who passed away.
- Lambertville Fire Department, Request to close Route518 from Swan Street to Hewitt Road, on Sunday, October 23, 2005, from 8 am to 11 am, to execute a fire drill at the new senior complex (Heritage Village).
IX. FLEET MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
- Final recommendations of the Executive Summary.
X. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
XI. FINANCE, Charles Balogh, Jr., County Treasurer
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2005 budget for the New Jersey Historical Commission, in the amount of $23,000.
XII. FARMLAND PRESERVATION
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract for the Sale of Development Easement, with Readington Township (Estate of Stewart Kean), Block 70, Lot 38.50, (SADC-$784,980, County-$209,328, Township-$313,992).
XIII. 5:00 p.m. PUBLIC HEARING – Bridge N-2
- RESOLUTION - Approving improvements for the replacement of County Bridge N-2, in Clinton Town, and authorizing County Counsel and the Director of Roads, Bridges and Engineering to make offers and negotiate with property owners in accordance with the appraisals.
XIV. ROADS, BRIDGES and ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update on various County road and bridge projects.
PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
VI. PROJECT ADMINISTRATION, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40010250, with Kerr Concrete Pipe, for reinforced concrete pipe, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $5,577.60.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Bid #2005-32, for a 2006 Ford F150-XLT Supercab 4x4, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, to PNC FLM, LLC, d/b/a Princeton Nassau Conover FLM, in an amount not to exceed $24,160.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Bid #2005-36, for the Resurfacing of County Route 523, in Readington and Tewksbury Townships, to Schifano Construction Corporation, in an amount not to exceed $1,356,290.58.
- Update on various County facilities and projects.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application for the “Hunterdon County Municipal Alliance Grant for 2006” for Human Services, to provide programs to prevent alcoholism and drug abuse, in the amount of $165,460.45.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application for the Local Arts Program Block Grant for the County Library, for a series of musical concerts at the Route 12 Library and North County Branch Library, in the amount of $14,500 ($7,250 state funds and $7,250 County match).
XVIII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS
- Windy Acres.
XIX. EXECUTIVE SESSION (CONTINUED IF NECESSARY)