to Freeholder's Main Page
A complete copy of the November 09, 2005 Minutes are available in Adobe Acrobat Reader format (PDF).
Main Street County Complex, Second Floor, Flemington, New Jersey
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
November 09 , 2005
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before September 09, 2005, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. 3:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION REQUESTS
- To discuss personnel matters.
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land matters.
IV. 4:30 p.m.CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion approving the executive session minutes of September 13, 2005, the special session minutes of October 07, 2005 and the open session minutes of September 27, 2005 and October 11, 2005.
- Motion approving the payment of all claims as listed on the Claims Register dated November 09, 2005.
- RESOLUTION - Christopher Kicelna appointed provisional, full time Correction Officer, Division of Corrections, Department of Public Safety.
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing Stephen Lambert for having served on the Shade Tree Commission.
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing Joe Kudless for having services on the Polytech Board.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a joint Funding Agreement with the US Department of the Interior, US Geological Survey, for the annual maintenance of the Neshanic River Gauge, in the amount of $1,500.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing Kevin Richardson to serve as the County Agent for purposes of submitting a minor subdivision application, for Block 8.02, part of Lot 26.02, in East Amwell Township, for park purposes.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a provider service contract with Catholic Charities, Diocese of Metuchen, for outreach and counseling for clients with mental health issues and to provide family evaluation and juvenile counseling for Family Court/Probation clients, in the amount of $100,714.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Michael Andrew Howard for having attained the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Gregory K. Sluyter for having attained the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Daniel North Wort for having attained the designation of Eagle Scout.
V. PUBLIC SESSION DISCUSSION (NOTE: Limit of 5 minutes per person)
VI. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
- To discuss the finalization of the grant fact sheet for the Paris Grant application.
- To discuss an Inter-local Agreement with Tewskbury Township for a branch library.
VII. ROADS , BRIDGES and ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update on various County road and bridge projects.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Joseph Mezzaroba and Marion Dickinson, to permit the construction and placement of a brick wall.
VIII. FINANCE, Charles Balogh, Jr., County Treasurer
- INTRODUCTION - Capital Ordinance No. 12-05, authorizing improvements to park facilities, in the amount of $50,000.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2005 Budget, for the Hunterdon County Area Plan Grant, in the amount of $285,855.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the cancellation of a grant receivable in the amount of $9,762 and a grant reserve in the amount of $18,186.35, for the 2002 State Health Services Grant.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the cancellation of a grant receivable in the amount $9,225 for the State Health Services Grant.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the cancellation of a grant receivable in the amount of $6,328.44, for the Recreation for Individuals with Disabilities grant.
IX. 5:00 p.m. OPEN SPACE TRUST FUND, Kevin Richardson, Coordinator
- PUBLIC HEARING, Sale of property in East Amwell Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the extension of the 2004 Small Cities Grant for the Hunterdon County Housing Corporation to December 31, 2006.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the renewal of the Local Law Enforcement Block Grant, LLE-12-04, to purchase transport speakers to be used in training detectives and local police officers, in the amount of $1,214 in federal funds and a County match of $135.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the renewal of the County Environmental Health Act Grant, for fiscal year 2006, in the amount of $217,076 in state funds and a County match of $108,538.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40010485, with Seely Equipment & Supply Co., for snow plow parts, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $29,942.32.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Quote #0088-2005, for an agreement for surveying services, for open space, for Block 8, Lots 29.02, 32 and 33, in West Amwell Township, to Vanguard Appraisal Services, in the amount of $6,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Quote #0088-2005, for an agreement for surveying services, for open space, for Block 8, Lots 29.02, 32 and 33, in West Amwell Township, to Valuation Consultants, in the amount of $4,700.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement for the implementation of activities with regard to health education methods to improve health literacy through the Cancer Control Grant, for the Health Department, to Skylands Public and Behavioral Health Consulting Company, in the amount of $7,800.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to the agreement with Maser Consulting PA, in connection with the reconstruction of County Bridge X-12 and approach roadway of Arch Street, over the South Branch of the Raritan River, in High Bridge Borough, increase of $8,800.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Bid #2005-09, for Management and Imaging Software for the County Clerk’s Office, to AmCAD, LLC, in an amount not to exceed $122,000.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Bid #2005-35, to furnish and deliver Prescription Services for the Adult Correctional Facility, to Diamond Drugs, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $70,000, for a two year period.
- Tewksbury Township, Requesting assistance in culling the deer herd at Cold Brook Preserve.
- Jonathan Mullin, Requesting permission for the group he’s with, “Blue Star Emergency Crew”, to perform at the Hunterdon County Park Gazebo, in Flemington Borough, on any date in the Spring/Summer 2006, for the residents.
XIII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS
XIV. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS (continued if necessary)