to Freeholder's Main Page
A complete copy of the July 12, 2005 Minutes is available in
Adobe Acrobat Reader format (PDF) when approved.
Main Street County Complex, Second Floor, Flemington, New Jersey
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
July 12, 2005
l. 3:00 p.m.CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 04, 2005, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. EXECUTIVE SESSION REQUESTS
- To discuss personnel matters.
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land matters.
IV. 4:30 p.m.FINANCE, Charles Balogh, Jr., County Treasurer
- PUBLIC HEARING - Capital Ordinance #10-05, for the upgrade and replacement of various communications equipment, for Emergency Services, in the amount of $270,000.
V. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
VI. PUBLIC SESSION DISCUSSION (NOTE: Limit of 5 minutes per person)
- Motion to approve the regular and executive session minutes of June 14, 2005.
- Motion approving the payment of all claims as listed on the Claims Register dated July 12, 2005.
- RESOLUTION - Corey Coraluce, appointed permanent, full time Laborer, Roads and Bridges.
- RESOLUTION - Erin Raffaele, appointed permanent, full time Youth Worker, Division of Youth Facility, Department of Public Safety.
- RESOLUTION - Kathleen McCaughey, appointed permanent, full time Youth Worker, Division of Youth Facility, Department of Public Safety.
- RESOLUTION - Amanda Haller, appointed temporary, as needed Clerk, Buildings and Maintenance Department
- RESOLUTION - Casey Stansley, appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Michael Nugent and Linda Fabiano, Investigators, Prosecutor’s Office, salary adjustments.
- RESOLUTION - Setting salaries for Sheriff’s Officers.
- RESOLUTION - Setting salaries for Correction Officers.
- RESOLUTION - Approving acquisition of a portion of Block 5, Lot 1 from Ronal Perrine and Kathleen Perrine for the sum of $1,300.00 in connection with the replacement of Bridge A-4.
- RESOLUTION - Approving modification to the provider service agreement for HART for a decrease in the contract in the amount of $17,460.00.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of a road opening deposit to NJ DEP in the amount of $1,000.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing amendment/modification Form for Standard Contracts with NJ DEP extending work period to 2004 County Environmental Health Act Grant.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing sale of a surplus Schwab Model 5000 fire proof file to the Township of Franklin for $100.00
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, final for Bid #2003-09 for the resurfacing of County Route 611 in Flemington Borough and Raritan Township, with D.A. Spagna, Inc., decrease of $61,358.17.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for Bid #2003-09 for the resurfacing of County Route 611 in Flemington Borough and Raritan Township to Gulf Insurance Company in the amount of $30,584.83.
- RESOLUTION - Supporting upon the Five County Coalition a per diem agreement for adolescent shelter care to the State.
- RESOLUTION - Supporting upon the Five County Coalition to encourage the State Department of Human Services to provide Medicaid to detained youth.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting legislation to impose limits on the Annual NJ State Budget to include spending limitations comparable to those required of municipalities, counties, authorities and school districts
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing an acknowledgment and Indemnification agreement with Easton Coach to park vehicles at the HC Transfer Station for the LINK.
VII. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
- Status of the PARIS grant.
VIII. ROADS, BRIDGES and ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update on various County road and bridge projects.
IX. PROJECT ADMINISTRATION, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update on various County facilities and projects.
X. FARMLAND PRESERVATION
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement for the acquisition of a development easement from Connelongo/Crisaffuli, Block 27, Lot 33.01 in the Township of East Amwell in the amount of $312,000.00, (SADC-$187,200.00, County- 62,400.00, Township-$62,400.00).
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a Release of Option Agreement from Raymond L. and Nancy E. Fisher.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a Release of Option Agreement from Alexandria Township.
- RESOLUTION - Renewal application for the Recreational Opportunities for Individuals with Disabilities in the amount of $17,120.00 ($14,266.69-State funds and a County Match-$2,853.31).
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Victims of Crime Act Subgrant Award #v-10-04 for the Victim Assistance Project/Victims of Crime Act for the Prosecutor’s Office with the NJ Department of Law and Public Safety in the amount of $280,265.00 (Federal-$223,872 and a County match-$56,393.00).
XII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #22666, with Troxell Communications, for sound system upgrade, for the Department of Public Safety, in the amount of $14,221.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition # 22683, with Progressive Rescue Systems, for rescue equipment, for the Emergency Services, in the amount of $10,458.23.
- RESOLUTION- Approving Requisition #173, with Tele-Measurements, for video teleconferencing equipment, for the Health Department, in the amount of $10,799.51.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #IT2294, with Dell Computers, for a server, for the Information Technology, in the amount of $5,991.18.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #PARKS.02227, with Associated Mailing & Printing, for the Parks and Recreation Department, in the amount of $5,882.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40009536, with Chemung Supply, for guide rail, for the Roads, Bridges and Engineering Department, in the amount of $17,484.60.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement with Remington & Vernick Engineers, for engineering design services for the reconstruction of Bridge M-110 and approach roadway of County Route 519 over the Quequacommissacong Creek, Borough of Milford, in the amount of $128,900.00.
- RESOLUTION -Approving a professional services agreement with Greenman Pederson, Inc., for engineering design services for the reconstruction of Bridge K-136 and approach roadway of Union Road over the Lockatong Creek, Township of Kingwood, in the amount of $119,400.00.
XIV. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS (continued if necessary)