Home | Division of Parks and Recreation | Virtual Tours | Uplands Reserve
         
Uplands Reserve
back to index house foundation back to index

House Foundations.  Several years after the death of Judge Large, in 1958, the impressive manor house and farm property were sold by the family to the Hunterdon Medical Center.  Unfortunately, through incidents of vandalism and arson, the house was eventually destroyed.  The property was acquired by the County of Hunterdon in 1986.  Today, the brick foundation of the home and porch can still be seen, as well as exotic trees that were manicured as landscape plants in Judge Large's day.

BACK TO THE UPLANDS RESERVE VITRUAL TOUR MAIN PAGE

Home | Division of Parks and Recreation | Virtual Tours | Uplands Reserve

Photographs by Valerie Lykes