Home | Division of Parks and Recreation | Virtual Tours | Landsdown Trail: Part of the South Branch Reservation
         
Landsdown Trail: Part of the South Branch Reservation
  Welcome to Landsdown Trail back to index

Welcome to the Landsdown Trail. Welcome to the Landsdown Trail. The 1.5 mile Landsdown Trail was once a spur line for the Lehigh Valley Railroad. The line was completed in 1882 and connected the town of Clinton with the hamlet of Landsdown. While the line was mainly used for passenger service, freight such as coal, lumber, produce, and livestock was also transported. Operation on the line discontinued in 1982 and the former Clinton freight station was converted into a storage facility for the Cyrus Fox Lumber Company. The Landsdown Trail is part of the South Branch Reservation which totals over 1,000 acres.

BACK TO THE JUGTOWN MOUNTAIN PRESERVE VIRTUAL TOUR MAIN PAGE

Home | Division of Parks and Recreation | Virtual Tours | Landsdown Trail: Part of the South Branch Reservation

Photographs by Valerie Lykes