Reservable Facilities at the
Mountain Farm at Teetertown Preserve
Group and Public Camping Areas
MAIN PARKING: 30 Pleasant Grove Road, Port Murray, NJ 07865 (Lebanon Twp.)
GROUP PARKING: 20 Pleasant Grove Road, Port Murray, NJ 07865 (Lebanon Twp.)
Hunterdon County Division of Parks & Recreation
Department of Land Use & Facility Management
PO Box 2900, Flemington, NJ 08822
Woodland Group Lean-to Site.
GENERAL INFORMATION: (Download Information)
PARK AREA ACTIVITIES: Several good field and forest trails are available for hiking, mountain biking, cross-country skiing, and horseback riding. These trails, along with a dirt road (Hollow Brook Rd.) provide access through the deep-cut Teetertown Ravine, which traces the path of a natural trout production stream through the park. A 4+ acre Activity Field, adjacent to the group camping area, is ideal for large-scale field sports and skills activities. It is also used for tenting, campfires, and flag ceremonies during camporees. Two ponds are also near the camping area. NJ State Fishing Licenses are required for those 16-yrs. of age & over; a catch & release rule applies for Large-mouth Bass & Sunfish: Rainbow Trout can be kept, per daily State Limits (w/Trout Stamp on NJ License). A pond-side BBQ & picnic area is available on a non-reservable (first come-first served) basis
WEEKEND CAMPING FACILITIES, RULES, & PARK ACTIVITIES: At the Mountain Farm Section-Teetertown Ravine Nature Preserve, in Lebanon Twp.
GROUP CAMPING FACILITIES: Sites available April 15th – November 15th.
- North End Field: (mowed lawn area), has 2 tent sites (A & B), 3 prepared fire rings, 6 picnic tables each; 40/40Max. 80
- 1 Woodland Tent Site: 3 fire rings, 1 raised BBQ (charcoal) grill, 3 picnic tables; Max. 40
- 1 Woodland Lean-to Site: 2 fire rings, 1 raised BBQ (charcoal) grill, 3 picnic tables; 4 - 10' x 20' buildings (3 of them with a completely open front, & 1 with a 12' wide x 10’ deep open area & an 8' wide x 10’ deep bear-resistant enclosed room, with a counter top, Dutch door & sliding rear window); open-spring bunks sleep 42 campers
PUBLIC CAMP SITES: Sites available April 15th – November 15th.
- Meadowview: 1 fire ring, 1 picnic table, 6 people per site.
- Ridgeline A: 1 fire ring, 1 picnic table, 6 people per site.
- Ridgeline B: 1 fire ring, 1 picnic table, 6 people per site.
- Hilltop A: (handicap accessible site, permit parking for 1 vehicle allowed at site) 1 fire ring, 1 picnic table, 6 people per site.
- Hilltop B: 1 fire ring, 1 picnic table, 6 people per site.
- Hilltop C: 1 fire ring, 1 picnic, 6 people per site.
- NOTE: The Visitor Center is now a private residence. Please do not disturb.
- Camping groups must check in with an on duty Ranger by calling 908-507-5236. UPON ARRIVAL. Group leaders should tell drivers who will arrive after check-in, or for camper pick-up, to go directly to the group camping parking lot. Overnight vehicles are restricted to approved parking areas. Only County vehicles are permitted in park. >
- Camping is by reservation (w/receipt of fee), and in designated campsites ONLY.
- Report injuries, to Park Ranger (908-507-5236) or Park Employee IMMEDIATELY!
- Remove all garbage from campsite to blue park dumpster, located in the Main Parking Lot or take it with you when you leave.
- Alcohol, firearms, fireworks, amplified electronic devices & ATVs are prohibited.
- Swimming, boating, skating, & model boating on the park ponds is prohibited.
- Group & Public campers are restricted to campsites during quiet time: 10:00 P.M. to 7:00 A.M.
- Campsite/park furnishings (tables, benches, bunk beds, etc.) may NOT be moved.
- Do not mar or deface park buildings/equipment. Nails & hooks may not be driven into buildings or trees.
- ALL Hunterdon County Park Regulations will be enforced.
- Tent Camping only.
Location: Teetertown Ravine is located in Lebanon Township. There are pull offs for parking along Hollow Brook Road. The park is open from sunrise to sunset. Gates are open from 9 a.m. to sunset.
Directions from the junction of Route 78 and Route 31 in Clinton:
To Teetertown Ravine Parking Area: Follow directions above, EXCEPT
after about 1.3 miles on Sliker Road, turn right onto Teetertown Road. Follow the left fork of the road about 1 mile to the stop sign at Hollow Brook Road. Turn left and proceed 0.1 mile up the ravine. There are vehicle pull-offs near the trailheads.
Detailed Driving Directions to Teetertown Preserve
PHOTOS OF MOUNTAIN FARM AT TEETERTOWN