FORMS, PROGRAM REGISTRATION AND CAMP REGISTRATION
Once you have printed, filled out and signed the required Registration Forms below, please return with your check via US Mail to the above mailing address or drop it off at our office Monday-Friday 8am to 4:30 pm.
PARKS PROGRAM REGISTRATION:
RECREATION CAMP REGISTRATION:
SUMMER NATURE PROGRAM
SNP is an opportunity for kids entering kindergarten through grade 10 to connect with and explore the natural world. Program leaders facilitate hands-on activities that foster kids’ innate curiosity about nature and wildlife. Campers and parents alike rave about nature camp, making it one of the Parks Division’s most popular offerings. Find out more information on our Summer Nature Programs
Cost includes a camp T-shirt used for tie-dying. Please provide your child’s shirt size.
Leaders for the Summer Nature Program are experienced in guiding children outdoors and are certified in First Aid and CPR. Group size is a maximum of 10-12 campers depending on session and location, with each leader being aided by an assistant or volunteer counselor-in-training (CIT). Canoeing specialists host the paddling clinics and canoe trips with our older campers.
Sessions are available at both Echo Hill Park and Teetertown Preserve.
The following forms MUST be filled out for Summer Nature Program attendees:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Additional Important Documents for Recreation Camp Participants and Parents. This packet includes Standard Rules and Regulations for Campers and Parents, Electronic Device Policy, Lyme Disease Prevention Information, Food Allergy/Medical Information, and Survey/Evaluation Forms.
Important Registration Information for our Summer Nature Program
The Summer Nature Program (SNP) is conducted via a lottery system.
Checks will be cashed as received and then the registrations are placed into a barrel and picked out one by one after the deadline date.
As the sessions fill your child may be put on a waiting list and you will be issued a full refund. Please select as many weeks as you can to increase your chances of getting in.
YOU MUST USE a S.N.P. Application Registration Form to register for the Summer Nature Program. Our regular registration form cannot be used to register for Summer Nature Program Camps.
Registration for the Summer Nature Program is conducted through via a lottery system. Download a S.N.P. Application Form from our website, or pick one up at the Arboretum.
Please take note of the following information:
- The regular Parks Division program registration form cannot be used for Summer Nature Program.
- Applications must be postmarked by Wednesday, March 15 or delivered to the Arboretum in person by 4:30 PM on this date. All applications must be completed in full with payment.
- Please complete a separate set of registration forms (3) for each child. You may send the forms for your children together in one envelope, with one check.
- Applications are selected through a random lottery drawing.
- We cannot arrange to place unrelated children in the same sessions.
- Applicants will be notified by mail. Unsuccessful applicants receive a full refund.
- Any spaces left in the program will be available during walk-in registration beginning March 22 at 8:00 AM.
- Children may initially enroll in only one session. Starting on April 5, participants can enroll in additional sessions as available.
- All cancellations by participants are subject to a 30% service charge. Cancellations must be in writing. Cancellations made less than one week prior to the start of your child’s session will not receive a refund.
- IT IS EXPECTED THAT THE PROGRAM WILL BE FILLED, OR NEARLY FILLED, DURING THE LOTTERY. PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE LOTTERY.
If you need assistance or have any questions about the above forms or other programs and services we offer, please contact Parks and Recreation at 908-782-1158 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org