2002 HISTORICAL ESSAY CONTEST
The Most Historic Place
In My Town
MINI-HISTORIAN OF THE YEAR
Winners of the 14th annual The Most Historic Place in My Town essay contest
were invited to the May 14, 2002 Freeholders' meeting to receive awards
presented by Freeholder Director, Frank J. Fuzo and Cultural & Heritage
Commission Chairperson, Stephanie B. Stevens.
Kyle Kimple is the
Grand Prize winner and Erich Junge is
Second Place winner in the Commission's historic essay contest held
each May to commemorate National Historic Preservation Week.
GRAND PRIZE -
"2002 HUNTERDON COUNTY MINI-HISTORIAN"
Kyle Kimple - Locust Grove
Cemetery - Mr. Barry S. Kramer, Franklin Twp School
Kimple is a student in Mr. Barry S. Karner's class in the Franklin Twp. School. His winning essay, The
Locust Grove Cemetery .
SECOND PRIZE - COUNTY
Erich Junge - Knox's
Hill - Mrs. Susan H. Rice, Lebanon Borough School
Junge is a student in Mrs. Susan H.
Rice's class in the Lebanon Borough
School. His winning essay, Knox's
PRIZE - SCHOOL DISTRICT
- Caroline Korba - THE CALIFON MUNICIPAL
BUILDING - Mrs. Linda Owens, Califon Public School
- Kristen Cook - GLEN
GARDNER RAILROAD STATION AND TRACKS - Mrs. Doreen Bleck, Clinton
- Scott Marturano - ST.
ANDREW'S CHURCH CEMETERY - Mr. Paul McAfee, East Amwell
- Sarah Gustafson - TIE - CHIEF TUCCAMIRGAN'S TOMB - Ms. Carol Gbur,
Hunterdon Christian Academy
- Matthew Griswald - TIE - FLEMINGTON RAILROADS - Ms. Jodie Brush, Francis
A. Desmares School
- Kyle Kimple - LOCUST
GROVE CEMETERY - Mr. Barry Kramer, Franklin Twp. School
- Rebecca Stewart - WORST FLOOD EVER - Mrs. Carol Curtis, Frenchtown
- Michael Bentz - THE
MOST HISTORIC PLACE IN HIGH BRIDGE: 13 ARCH STREET - Mrs.Lynn
Hughes, High Bridge Elementary School
- Erich Junge - KNOX'S
HILL - Mrs. Susan H. Rice, Lebanon Borough School
- Amanda Jacob - THE
SPRUCE RUN LUTHERAN CHURCH - Mrs. Rhonda Jordan, Valley View School
- Trisha C. Malavasi - THE MOST HISTORIC PLACE IN MY TOWN: THE LIBRARY -
Mr. Bruce Wild, Holland Brook School
- Breann Liebermann - THE CASE FARM - Mrs. Diane Langenbach, Union Twp.
PLACE - SCHOOL DISTRICT
- Anya Ford - TIE - THE OLD RAILROAD TRACKS - Mrs. Tracy Strysky,
Franklin Twp. School
- Gabriella Burdick - TIE - THE RAILROAD TRACK THAT BECAME A TRAIL - Mr. Barry
Kramer, Franklin Twp. School
- Justine Armocida - FRENCHTOWN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL - Mrs. Carol Curtis,
Frenchtown Elementary School
- Alexis Kriegl - FRIENDS MEETING
HOUSE - Mrs. Tracy Strysky, Franklin Twp. School
- Bradley Paisker - LOCKATONG CREEK - Mrs. Tracy Strysky, Franklin Twp.
- Jordan Gianos - THE
TINNES FARM - Mr. Barry Kramer, Franklin Twp. School
- Louis Martini - THE
PITTSTOWN RAILROAD BRANCH - Mr. Barry Kramer, Franklin Twp.
- Cody Harmon - HER
MEMORY - Mrs. Carol Curtis, Frenchtown Elementary School
- Emma Kurth - THE
HISTORIC FALLS OF HIGH BRIDGE - Mrs. Lynn Hughes, High Bridge