|Home > Planning Board > CADB > Mission Statement & Program Objectives
CADB Mission Statement
To define the CADB's role in farmland preservation and to help guide future policies, the following mission statement and program objectives were adopted by the CADB:
"Promote the present and future of Hunterdon County
agriculture by preserving agricultural land and by promoting public
education and agricultural viability."
CADB Program Objectives
Latest Webpage Update
- Create critical masses of preserved farmland.
- Preserve farms characterized by soils of prime and statewide importance.
- Give priority to farms with implemented soil conservation plans.
- Coordinate CADB preservation efforts with State Agriculture Development Committee (SADC), municipal, and nonprofit organization farmland preservation efforts.
- Promote the education of farmers, government officials, and the public about farmland preservation, the Right to Farm Act, and other pertinent agricultural matters.
- Work with municipal, county, and state agencies and nonprofit organizations to encourage tourism.
- Promote agribusiness opportunities through education and advocacy.
- Promote soil and water stewardship on preserved farms by requiring an implemented soil conservation plan that is periodically updated.
Provided by email@example.com on October 24 , 2005.