HEALTHY BONES CLASSES
Osteoporosis Prevention Exercise & Education evidenced based program with proven outcomes; Healthy Bones is a 24 week curriculum of exercise that targets the body’s larger muscle groups to improve strength, balance and flexibility. The program has an interactive educational component on the importance of exercise, nutrition, safety, drug therapy and lifestyle factors that relate to osteoporosis. Guest speakers for the medical community that share their knowledge, answer questions and provide updates on osteoporosis. You will graduate into a continuing healthy bones year round class at no additional charge.
Medical Clearance and county waiver required: Obtain forms at the Hunterdon County Senior Center in Flemington - call (908) 284-6128 to have form mailed to you and to sign up for classes. Only 15 people per class accepted. Class fee is $25.00 which includes weights and manual. New beginner class forming in September 2014.
MEDITATION AND STRESS REDUCTION SESSIONS:
with Kim Karsh (Fee Based)
Wednesdays at 2:30 for 8 weeks at the County Senior Center, 4 Gauntt Place, Flemington. Bring a mat, or use a chair. Whatever is most comfortable for you. Registration is required by calling 284-6128.
FREE RECREATIONAL OPPORTUNITY!!!
Held Every Monday and Tuesday at 9:00 am
Runs through October 2014
Court is located at the end of Building #3 of the Route 31 County Complex, on Gaunt Place, Flemington. To register, please call Eleanor at 908-284-6128.
TAP DANCE Beginner Intermediate & Advanced With Leslie
Held at the Hunterdon County Senior Center, 4 Gauntt Place, Flemington, No charge, donations are always appreciated
- Beginner class starts at 11:00 AM
- Intermediate class at 12.00 Noon
- Advanced class at 1:00pm
LINE DANCE – Beginner & Advanced class with Caroline
Held at the Hunterdon County Senior Center, 4 Gauntt Place, Flemington
No charge; donations are always appreciated.
- Beginner class starts at 12:15 PM
- Advanced Class starts at 1:00 PM
Whether you already know a lot of dances or just a few, come on in and join in the fun.
TAI CHI (Fee Based)
Must Register - Call Eleanor at 284-6128
- Clinton Community Center: Mondays at 9:00 am
- County Senior Center: Wednesdays at 9:00 am
TAI CHI FOR ARTHRITIS (Fee Based)
Must Register – Call Eleanor at 284-6128
- County Senior Center: Mondays at 3:00pm and Thursdays at 9:00am
ZUMBA (Fee Based)
Fast paced exercise; wear sturdy sneakers and comfortable clothing, and be ready to have fun to the Latin beat!! $3 cash drop-in fee for each class attended.
- Wednesdays, 11:00am: Community Center, Clinton
- Thursdays, 10:00am: County Senior Center, Flemington
SPICY SENIOR BOWLING LEAGUE
Experience helpful as this is a 100% league, however, bowlers of all averages are welcome. SUBSTITUTES ARE WELCOME!
Men and Women. Call 284-6128 to get on the list. Must be Hunterdon County resident age 60+
Starts in SEPTEMBER FOR 33 WEEKS - Still time to join!
- Fridays at 1:00 at West Hunterdon Lanes, Route 12, Frenchtown, NJ.
JAZZ ‘N JIVE (Fee Based)
County Senior Center, 4 Gauntt Place, Flemington
Dance to the modern music! an exercise routine that is so much fun. Come and Enjoy!
Held at the Hunterdon County Senior Center. 4 Gauntt Place, Flemington.
Emphasis on balance, posture, and strength training
- STARTS: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 (12 week Class- 1 hour each)
“Evidenced Based Program” Class is geared to help participants increase strength, flexibility, balance, and posture. Also helps to relieve tension & stress, reduce the risk of falls and injury, and fights osteoporosis.
Call Eleanor at 284-6128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
MATTER OF BALANCE –
“Evidenced Based Program” with proven outcomes. Combination of education and exercise designed to help people improve balance and overcome fears and concerns about falls and increase physical activity. Educational materials provided
- STARTS: September 10th– 8 weeks (2 hour sessions)
- Wednesdays, 1:00pm at Mirota Senior Residence
(open to residents and to non-residents seniors in county.)
YOGA WITH FRANK IN FRENCHTOWN (Fee Based)
Call 908-284-6128 to register or for additional information.
LOW IMPACT AEROBICS (Fee Based)
- Tuesdays, 9:30am – County Senior Center, Flemington
- Wednesdays, 9:00am - Frenchtown Presbyterian Church
- Thursdays, 9:30am - Clinton Presbyterian Church
GENTLE EXERCISE CLASSES
Come when you can. New people are always welcome. No charge.
- Mondays, 10:00am - Mirota Senior Residence
- Tuesdays, 10:30am Senior Center, Flemington
- Thursdays, 10:30am Senior Center, Flemington
- Thursdays, 10:00am - Mirota Senior Residence
- Thursdays, 10:00am - United Methodist Church, Clinton
- Thursdays, 10:00am - Heritage Village, Clinton
MEN'S FITNESS CLASSES
- Tuesdays, 2:15 pm – County Senior Center, Flemington
Open to new members at this time.
No Charge. Please bring a mat for floor exercises.
OTHER YOGA CLASSES (Fee Based)
These classes are very popular and fill quickly.
- Mondays, 9:30 & 11:00am Delaware township Municipal Bldg-
- Tuesday, 10:45am - Clinton Community Center, Clinton.
- Wednesdays, 9:45am & 11:15am - Fairview School, Kingwood
- Wednesdays, 10:15am & 11:30am - Senior Center, Flemington
- Thursdays, 9:30am - Raritan Township Police Building, Flemington
- Thursdays at 9:30 AM - Frenchtown Presbyterian Church, Frenchtown
- Thursdays, 10:30am - Faith Wesleyan Chapel, Annandale
- Fridays, 10:30am - Senior Center, Flemington
Call Eleanor for specific information at 908-284-6128
PHYSICAL THERAPY LECTURES
Physical Therapy sessions run March to December. Topics will include Balance, Bone and Joint Health; Importance of Exercise and Aging; Arthritis and Chiropractic Health. Call Eleanor at 908-284-6128 for more information. Held second Fridays of each month at the County Senior Center at 2:30 pm. Schedule pending. No Charge