IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING COVID-19:
Because of the Coronavirus situation, the Greater Raritan One-Stop Career Training Service Centers at 6 Gauntt Place in Flemington and 27 Warren St. in Somerville are closed to in-person visits. Staff will continue to assist customers over the phone and via email. Customers are asked to call 908-541-5780 or email email@example.com for assistance.
In addition, the Greater Raritan One-Stop Career Center at 75 Veterans Memorial Drive in Somerville closed to the public at 11 a.m. Wednesday, March 18.
Customers who need to file new Unemployment Insurance claims are asked to apply online at: https://myunemployment.nj.gov.
Customers unable to access the Internet should call the following numbers: North Jersey, 201-601-4100; Central Jersey, 732-761-2020; Southern Jersey: 856-507-2340.
The state Department of Labor is taking steps to transition other services, including Temporary Disability Insurance, Family Leave Insurance and Workers Compensation, to online and telephone platforms.
This document posted by the state reviews different benefit scenarios for those impacted by COV-19.
The Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board (GRWDB) works to ensure that workforce education and training investments help meet the talent needs of employers. The GRWDB is directly responsible for oversight of Greater Raritan Career Services, a provider of re-employment education and training resources to individuals, and member of the NJ Career Connections network.
The GRWDB serves both Hunterdon County, NJ and Somerset County, NJ under a Joint Agreement ratified by both Boards of Chosen Freeholders. The GRWDB is comprised of volunteer business, education, labor, economic development, and community leaders who analyze local workforce conditions, oversee the use of federal funds, and set workforce investment policy.
The GRWDB has established the following strategic priorities that guide the daily work of the organization:
- Focus on sector strategies consistent with the New Jersey State (Economic Development) Plan and the New Jersey Combined (workforce development) Plan.
- Build strategic alliances with partners, including those in the economic development arena.
- Coordinate outreach to the business community among the various entities currently engaged in contacting businesses.
- Focus our strategies on career paths versus simply employment.
- Recognize the role that transportation plays in employment.
- Develop additional revenue streams and re-think our finances.
For more information, please visit the Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board webpage.
PAUL GRZELLA, DIRECTOR
MAIL: GRWDB Businees Office, 27 Warren Street, PO Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876